Translate

January 16, 2012

Granny a day 16

I have been loving this Granny-A-Day project I started this year. Here is an update:
I randomly decided to use another color and made a square. I saw this "rose camo" and wanted to see what it would look like in a granny. I may do something with it at some point but I'm not sure what yet.

I realized that in doing the "Riley blanket" (I named it this because Ali inspired me too) I had said there were only eight combinations of this two colors with four rows on each. But, as I was moving on, I realized there were more.... Duh! So, I sat there and need to write them all down to see what I was missing.


Right now, I'm ahead. Including the rose camo one I have done 21 granny squares yet this month.


This weekend I went to three different stores that sell yarn to find the "white" color to continue. I bought it at Joann Fabrics so, I thought I would just special order it since I didn't see it on their shelves but they said it couldn't be special ordered because they had none in their warehouse. Ugh! I could have it transferred from another store but would have to pay shipping ($7). No thanks! They rattled off their other stores with some but they are all at least an hour away. So, I went to two more places but, no luck. So, today I am taking a road trip!
This is what I get for being cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment