Translate

February 28, 2014

Creamy Berry Bonanza Smoothie (THM-S)

I am seriously addicted to milk kefir. To the point that I have limit myself to once a day. It's tart, creamy & best of all it's good for you. It has so much healthy bacteria that we need in our gut, it's even better than yogurt. If your not already hooked, you have to try it. 

I have tweaked a version of a kefir smoothie from the Trim Healthy Mama book. I made it thick & creamier.  In an effort to be healthier, I am going to, at a minimum, have 1/2 of milk kefir a day, I don't think that will be a problem due to my addition. 

Creamy Berry Bonanza Smoothie (THM-S)


1/2 cup Milk kefir

1/2 cup Kefir cheese, could use cottage cheese

1/2 cup frozen berries, I used strawberries and blackberries

1 Tbsp. Coconut oil

1 tsp. gr. flax

Stevia

1 scoop whey protein powder, I use Swansons vanilla(which is sweetened with stevia)


Blend and enjoy!



To make kefir cheese is easy. Strain the milk kefir using a strainer lined with a coffee filter and pour in milk kefir, let it strain for 24 hours in the fridge. What you have left is milk kefir cheese and whey. This whey is not the same as the powdered whey used in the smoothe recipe above, that is whey isolate protien powder. This whey is liquid gold, in my opinion. I will post more on how I'm using whey soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment