Translate

January 29, 2012

Crochet update and day's drive

I am officially up to date on my Granny-A-Day project! I have 28 at this very moment. Yeah! I had gotten pretty far ahead of myself at one point then I slowed down. My "Riley" blanket has 25 squares to date. 
I went up to Denver to get more yarn for this blanket. That was a wild goose chase! I had to go to two different stores in the Denver area to find some. We'll just see how big this blanket gets before I get tired of hunting down the yarn. 
I was playing this week with different stitches and different styles of granny's.
We took a drive up to our cabin yesterday to check on our boat. It's still there! haha! It was pretty icy on the pond.
We have it covered with a tarp.
We didn't walk much further than the bridge, so much snow.

When we got there our neighbor up the hill was leaving so we stopped to wave bye. He jumps out of his truck and yells that he was on his way to the hospital because he had a broken leg. Keith and I were both yelling "What?" as we walked closer to make sure we had heard him right. His wife was in the truck but apparently she doesn't know how to drive a manual. His ankle was pretty swollen and he said he could barely get his shoe back on after examining his foot. We don't have good cell phone reception down there so, they said they would call their son as soon as they could. Man! I hope it's not too bad. It reminds me of the time when my Mom broke her ankle back in 2001. She had to have a steel plate in her ankle, it was that bad! 


Once we checked on the boat we went into Westcliffe, CO to eat lunch. We went to a cute place called Chappy's. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. They cook everything on wood burning fire behind the bar. Yum!
Since the trip up there is an hour and a half each way I did a lot of crocheting in the car!
This is a blanket I've been working on for a while and I'm finally picking it up again. And, Jasmine doesn't know about it. These are her school colors, blue and gold. It will be huge when it's finished! I am not sure how long I can keep it from her if when it gets HUGE!


No comments:

Post a Comment