Translate

February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday


I've been busy but, not on Granny's!

I went to a couple classes at Jo-Ann's in the last week. The first one I went to was "Stitch of the Month". Technically this isn't every month, they offer this class every two months and show a new stitch. For Jan. and Feb. it was the Woven Stitch. See, here is mine made with dusty blue! I came home from the class and made another one and I did a sc st around the edge in beige. The March/April class is a granny square. I am not going since I know this one but, I do plan to make a couple to go with these. By the end of the year you will have a blanket with different stitches.


I also went to another class that is a two session class. The second class is this coming Sat. This class is a Sock Monkey Hat. The bottom hat is the one I worked on in class. I made it bigger than the pattern called for to fit Jasmine. It fits! Then, true to me, I came home and made another hat! The top one I made to fit Keith's head. He loves it! Except he does not want me to put ears and a face on it! Ha Ha! He likes his as is!
Here is the start of my hats:


Then, I decided I needed a bag to take my yarn back in forth to classes. So, I came home and started this colorful bag. I went looking for a good one to make and I decided to make this one. I used 11 different colors all colors I am using in the other granny square blanket I started. I am not quite done with it, I made the handles as you can see but, I just need to attach them. I'm going to buy some buttons to put on where the handles are attached to the bag. I can't wait to show you the finished project.


Jasmine has been wanting a bag to carry her books in so, I started one for her too!

3 comments:

  1. some great projects here , i love the bag and i want one too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is awesome! Thanks for the pattern link :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you've been busy, glad you're enjoying your classes. Love the bag with all the colors and am anxious to see your sock monkey hat.

    ReplyDelete