Translate

February 15, 2012

Here's what I've been up to

I made this blanket back in October or November and I had forgotten to take a picture. I made it for my friend Kelli who had her daughter one year ago today. Happy Birthday to Maysen!

This weekend I went over for her 1st birthday party and asked if I could take a picture of this teal and white blanket I had made, well after her daughter was born. But to be clear, I didn't even know how to crochet one year ago! I helped Kelli while she was on maternity leave with her clients and as soon as she was back to work I had a little more time on my hands and took up crocheting.

I love looking at all my finished projects, it makes me feel like I've accomplished something, because I have!


Here is cute little Maysen with microphone that we gave her. I think she'll be a rock star!


This is what I've been up to for the past couple weeks. I semi-abandoned my Granny-A-Day project, not really but, I moved on to different Grannys.... This Garden Patch Granny Afghan I found and I just had to start it. It's the one on top.



I can't wait to show you the finished project but here's what I've got at this point....


This blanket is made with different sizes of granny squares, small, medium, and large. I've made 140 smalls and 32 mediums so far. when it's finished I will have 216 grannys!

I think I was drawn to this because I just love to colors.


4 comments:

  1. It all looks so nice.
    I do a lot more sewing of quilts than crocheting anymore, but I am loving the granny a day challenge. And, it's helping me get my yarn stash down too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to be honest, I did go out and buy all the colors for this new blanket. So, that didn't help my stash at all. :)

      Delete
  2. The colors are awesome and will make a lovely blanket. And the blue and white....you can't ever go wrong with the never ending granny. I wasn't able to visit everyone yesterday, for wipw, so am doing some more visiting today...so you now linking up, works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colors! What great progress and accomplishment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete