Translate

April 26, 2010

2010 is my year to RUN

I think I've become a runner!

I'm not sure...

Maybe I just won't admit it to myself yet. Honestly, I really don't enjoy running but I like to get my workout over with. I know that sounds crazy! I think I like these races to keep me motivated but if I stop doing the races I might loose interest in running. Silly huh?





In early December 2009, I decided I was going to getting into running more than I had ever in the past. I commited to the Pikes Peak Road Runners Winter Series. It's a series of four races in January and February 2010. The length of the races gradually got longer as I completed the series.

My first one in January was a 5K in Cheyene Mountain State Park and my sister ran with me, I'm on the left in the picture above. Then, I went on to run a 4mi., 5mi. and a 10K by the time I was done in February. Here are my times:
  • Jan. 9, 2010 5K
    Age-Group Place-24/32, Time-0:44:39
  • Jan. 23, 2010 4Mi.
    Age-Group Place-26/31, Time-0:50:03
  • Feb. 12, 2010 5Mi.
    Age-Group Place-22/24, Time-1:04:30
  • Feb. 27, 2010 10K
    Age-Group Place-19/23, Time-1:20:06

    Then, this past Sunday I ran another one. This was a 5K for Parkinson's Awareness. I ran it with some friends and I'm really glad I did. I do feel really good after it's done.

    Here is my time:

    April 25, 2010 5K Age-GroupPlace-16/19, Time-0:37:36

    I feel really good about my time compared to January!!

    And now........
    I just committed to running in the Bolder Boulder in Boulder, CO on Memorial Day, it's a 10K and I have to say I AM really excited about this one. My brother is going to run with me. And, my dad and sister are going to walk the course.

    I think I'm most excited to:
  1. Check it off my bucket list
  2. Run with my family
  3. Feel the energy coming from the CU stadium as we finish the race

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment