Translate

March 17, 2010

Speaking of clippings and snippings

I am still trying to figure out my problem with uploading pictures. Frustrating! I know I'll get it at some point. But, in the meantime I thought I'd write something....

Keith had surgery yesterday. He had a hydrocele that needed to be drained AND opted to add-on a vasectomy. I'll let you google the hydrocele.

It was an outpatient procedure. His recovery time is 6 weeks with one week off of work. I thought that was a long time. Yeah, I thought oh, he'll be in and out but, I'm now realizing this could take a while.

Yesterday, he came home and took a nap which I expected. After his nap he seemed to doing fine. The discharge nurse said to take it easy the first 24 hours. He kept saying he was feeling good. I think the drugs were still talking.

Because he didn't sleep well at all last night!

I set my alarm clock every four hours to give him his pain meds. I do know how important pain management is. He just had a hard time sleeping on his back.

Today has been a little slower to say the least.

My job is to keep the ice packs coming.

I pray that he has a speedy recovery! I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment