Translate

October 8, 2010

Mom's Eulogy

I lost my Mom unexpectedly on Sept. 23, 2010.
Here is the eulogy I wrote for her....



We stand here in Age Order because that the way my Mom would like it!

Cindy

Wife
Mom
Grandma
Daughter
Sister
Aunt
Niece
Cousin
Veteran
& Most importantly FRIEND to all

Mom, these are the words I've found for you.
you WERE

Beautiful, Generous and had a Big Heart
Independent, Strong, and always a hard worker
Creative, Passionate & you thought of every detail
Positive, Uplifting & Encouraging us along the way
Funny, Adventurous and had a contiguous smile

• You loved playing games because it brought people together

• You loved to cook to gather the ones you loved

• You made every Birthday and Holiday Special
At Christmas, we had so many Christmas Trees in our house... In the living room was a Formal Victorian tree in the Kitchen had a Christmas tree with cookie cutters, In the Family Room was usually a Live tree with sentimental ornaments you couldn't bare to part with because their was a lot! You also gave us each a Christmas Tree for our bedrooms and let express ourselves

• When you met someone for the first time you wouldn't shake their hand, you would say "I'm a hugger" & grab them.

• You never liked to miss out on the any action. Now, you never wanted to be the center of attention but you were always on the sidelines cheering us on.

• You never pushed us, you let us be ourselves

• As kids, we all bragged to our friends that our Mom was SPECIAL. You were special because you were left handed and you had a leap year birthday. You turned 14 1/2 this year just like Jazzy is now.

• You moved back to CO 1 year ago & remarried Dad. We are thankful for this last year.

• You've raised 4 great adults and 2 wonderful grandkids. We will make you proud

• Mom, this room is filled with YOUR love, we all feel that right now.


You will always be our connector, You've gathered us once again, this time it's to honor YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Becky, This is beautiful and really captures the person your mom was. I am so grateful that I was able to reconnect with Cindy in June. I even got to apologize for not being a very good friend to her while she and your dad were seperated. Of course, she forgave me and we went on to have a wonderful conversation about many things. I will miss her very much! She was a beautiful woman, inside and out! Thank you for sharing this tribute to her. We have all been blessed and are better people for having Cindy in our lives! I continue to pray for your family. I love you guys! Please keep in touch.
    Jenny Schwank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I was so proud of you for your strength as you read these words from your heart. I don't know if I could have held it together! Your mom was indeed a connector and I see that in how all of you kids go about your lives...always connecting with each other and with your friends. Keep up those traditions even though the first few times around there may be some pain associated with those memories you can rejoice that you are able to keep your mom's Spirit with you in all things!

    ReplyDelete